Neal is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps where he specialized in Aviation Ordnance. He started running in 2011 at age 31and ran mostly road marathons until 2015. In 2016 he jumped onto the trail for his first ultra that fall, and hasn't looked back. The trails are where he is the happiest, and can usually be found running the shores of Lake Superior and helping run events at Queen City Running Company in Marquette, MI. Neal has run and raced mostly in the Midwest, but is looking forward to some new terrain and adventures in the future.
- tBunk 50 mile champion (2015)
- Grand Island Trail Marathon champion (2016)
- MT50 50m champion (2016, CR)
- Javelina Jundred 100m 5th place (2017)
- 2x Two Hearted Trail Run champion (2017 CR, 2018 CR)
- 2x MT50 50k champion (2017 CR, 2018 CR)
- Voyageur 50 mile champion (2017)
- Superior 100 champion (2017)
Neal's Trail Tested Gear
From northern Michigan's brutally cold and windy weather to its hot and humid summers, Neal relies on BUFF® gear to keep him both warm in the winter and to manage sweat in the summer. Neal has been quoted, saying " -31 degree (with windchill) and I'm still smiling" wearing his ThermoNet™ Balaclava.
Back to Top