We receive two types of information from Customers who visit our website:
Types of information
1. Data that Customers provide through communication on our website; and
2. Data Buff, Inc. gathers through aggregated tracking procedures, such as tallying the number of page views throughout our website over a given period of time. This Information enables us to tailor our website content to better meet the needs of our Customers. However, we assure you that Buff, Inc. will not disclose your personal Information to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
The information provided by Customers includes:
Personal information: name, postal address, phone number, email address, date of birth (where required to prevent people under 18 years of age from registering or purchase on the site), ID number or other identification information;
Bank card details in order to fulfill the order. We do not store or process your card details ourselves. Card information is processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers.
Demographic and basket details;
Information you view regarding the pages of our website, IP addresses, your internet browser and the times at which you access our sites.
If you have created an online profile, the preference or interests stored in your profile; and details and history of contacts if you have used the "contact" option on the buffusa.com website.
Details related to when we contact you and when you contact us. We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, so we can track and respond to any problems or concerns you have had while navigating our website or with regards to our products.
We keep a record of the information you authorize us to collect and use and of any purchases you make in our website.
How Does Buff, Inc. Collect Information?
Information may be collected if you communicate with us through our website. Generally, this occurs when you purchase a product, sign up for our newsletter/giveaways/sweepstakes or request information or a service from us.
1. Use of IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the Internet. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
By showing how and when Customers use our website, cookies help us see which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to our website are based on data collected using cookies, such as the total number of visitors and pages viewed in each period of time. This kind of information is most easily tracked using cookies.
The personal data you provide will be used mainly for the following purposes:
Uses Of Personal Information About You
a) To manage the general administration and development of your relationship with us:
- To manage your registration as user of the website. If you decide to register as a user in our site, we need to process your data to identify you as a user of the site and give you access to its different features, products and services available to you as a registered user. You can cancel your registered user account by contacting us at email@example.com.
- If you have provided us with your personal data in connection with an order or purchase of a product, your personal data will be used for purposes relating to fulfill your order and customer service, including optional participation in quality surveys about the products or services provided if you chose to take part)
- If you have provided us with your personal data in relation to a "contact", your data will be used to process and respond to your request if necessary.
b) For marketing purposes:
- If you have provided us with your personal data in relation to signing up for our newsletter, we will process your personal data to manage your subscription, including sending tailored information about our products or services, news about BUFF® by different methods (such as e-mail), launch of new products, of special sales, of promotional offers from our partners, of corporate social responsibility issues we think are important, and of potential employment opportunities with Buff, Inc. that you may find of interest, always if you have given your consent to be contacted for this purpose by checking the acceptance box at the time of collection of your data.
- If you currently receive our emails and do not wish to continue receiving them, please see the “How to remove your name from our mailing, sharing or email list” section below.
- To carry out promotional actions (for example, to hold competitions, draws and sports events). When you participate in any promotional action, you authorise us to process the data you provide according to each promotional action and you allow us to disclose it through various media such as social media or the site itself.
c) Usability and quality analysis:
- To improve our services: If you access our site, we inform you that we will process your browsing data for analytical and statistical purposes; i.e. to understand the way in which users interact with our site so that we can make improvements to it.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is:
What Is The Legal Basis For The Processing Of Your Data?
a) In relation to manage the general administration and development of your relationship with us, the legal basis of the processing is the performance of the contractual relationship between you and us, with the processing of personal data being strictly necessary in order to use the Website and, therefore, in order to be able to place an order and/or benefit from the services made available to Users through the Website.
b) In relation to marketing purposes:
The legal basis of the processing is about sending commercial communications, the legal basis is the consent given by the user, which can be revoked at any time without affecting the provision of the service offered by us.
In order to show you tailored information, we consider that we have a legitimate interest in profiling the information we have about you (such as your browsing, preferences, etc.) and the personal data you have provided, such as language, because we believe that the processing of this data is beneficial to you too because it allows you to improve your user experience and access information according to your preferences.
c) Usability and quality analysis:
We consider that we have a legitimate interest in analysing the usability of the Platform and the degree of user satisfaction, as we believe that the processing of this data is beneficial to you too because its purpose is to improve the user experience and offer a higher quality service.
How To Remove Your Name From Our Email ListYou may choose to receive or decline communications from us at the point where we request information about you. You also may use the following options for removing your information from our database so as not to receive future communications, or to no longer receive our service, or to not share your name and address with other companies.
1. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In commercial emails that we send you, you may use the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” option included in the email itself.
You may send an email to email@example.com to change or modify your information.
How To Correct Your Information On Our Mailing, Sharing Or Email List
We want you to feel confident about using and making purchases through Buff, Inc.'s website, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. However, the internet is not an entirely secure medium for communication and, accordingly we cannot guarantee security of any information you send us or we send to you via the internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
Protection Of Personal Information
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures to help protect the personal information that you provide to us.
We do not sell merchandise for purchase by children via Buff, Inc.’s website. If you are under 18, you may use the Buff, Inc. services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Children’s privacy and what happens if you provide us with a third-party data
What Happens If You Provide Us With A Third-Party Data?If you provide the personal details of a third party, you must prior to the inclusion of such data, have informed the third party and requested his/her consent for the purposes set out here, so that Buff, Inc. can use it to attend to the requests made by you or the said third party.
Users' personal data will only be used for the purposes specified above.
With Whom Does Buff, Inc. Share Your Information?
Buff, Inc. will keep your information confidential and only share it with third-party services providers for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. We have engaged these third parties service providers that have access to personal data needed to perform their services under contract and are required to keep your personal information confidential and secure, only using it for the purposes that we allow.
In this sense, Buff, Inc. may share your information with the following entities:
- Buff, Inc.’s employees
- Agents and contractors of Buff, Inc.
- Logistics and other shipping and delivery service providers
- Financial institutions and payment platforms for payment processing services
- Technology services providers
- Business operations support
- Marketing and advertising services, as Google analytics, facebook, mailchimp for sending newsletters
Buff, Inc. guarantees that your information will not be shared, sold or otherwise provided to third parties except as explicitly stated above in this Privacy Statement and when we have your permission.
Retention of your Information
In this Regard, Buff, Inc. retains Users' personal data for as long as the User is a registered User of the Website or revokes his/her consent to the sending of promotional communications, and subsequently only in order to comply with its legal obligations.
In order to manage the sale or service contract requested, we will process your data for the time necessary to manage the purchase of the products or services purchased, including possible returns or associated complaints or claims.
Regardless of whether we process your data for the time strictly necessary to fulfil the relevant purpose, we will subsequently retain it, duly stored and protected for as long as liabilities may arise from the processing, in compliance with the legislation in force at any given time. Once the possible actions in each case have expired, we will delete the personal data.
In any case, the personal data will be kept locked if it is not necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and until its final cancellation
You should be aware that when you are on our website you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There may, from time to time, be links to other sites from Buff, Inc.’s and/or its affiliates' Web Pages that take you outside our service areas. These other sites may send their own cookies to Customers, or otherwise collect data or solicit information.
What Happens When You Link To A Third Party Site?
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out Information online (for example, via message boards or chat lines), that Information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While Buff, Inc. and its affiliates strive to protect their Customers' Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any Information you disclose online and so you disclose such Information at your own risk.
Your data may be stored and processed in the United States or in any country where we engage services providers, this includes any country outside the United States (US) or the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your Data & Cross Border Transfers
Buff, Inc. is committed to the sufficient protection of your personal information regardless of where the data resides and to providing adequate protection for your personal information where such data is transferred outside the US or the EEA.
If you use any of our services through the site, you consent and authorize us to process data in this way.
For more information about how you can access, manage, correct any inaccuracies or delete any of your personal data or if you have any questions or complaints regarding our treatment of your personal data or our Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Further Information – How to Contact us
133 Aviation Blvd., Suite 105
Santa Rosa, CA 95403 USA
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority.
By ticking the consent box, you are consenting to Buff, Inc. collecting, processing, storing, disclosing and otherwise using your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Provide Your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time after you have given it and you can do so by contacting us in accordance with the information provided in this Privacy Statement and at the Paragraph Further Information – How to Contact us above.